Edgevirt Virtual Compute, Compute+ and Storage product lines support Cloud-Init powered template installs of CentOS 7.5.
How to Re-Install your Virtual Machine with the CentOS 7.5 Template
- To locate the service you wish to re-install, navigate to the "Services" menu;
- From the "Products and Services" menu, select the Virtual Machine you wish to re-install.
- Select "Reinstall" from the "Additional Tools" menu located to the left hand side.
- On the "Reinstall" page you will see a list of available templates, search for "centos-7-gen3" and select "Reinstall".
- The "Reinstall" button looks like this;
- A confirmation will pop-up asking you to enter the password for the new Virtual Machine, enter your desired password and click "Confirm"
- Once processed, you will be re-directed back to the Virtual Machine "Overview" page, where an alert will appear confirming the Virtual Machine is being re-installed;
- After a few minutes, you screen will refresh and you will be given back control of your new Virtual Machine.
- To confirm installation of your new CentOS 7.5 Virtual Machine you may simply SSH into it, or you can proceed to the noVNC Console;
- Upon clicking, a new pop-up will appear with the "noVNC Console" allowing you access to your server;
- Once you login with the desired "Username" and "Password" you will see the "Edgevirt CentOS 7.5 MOTD". You have successfully installed CentOS 7.5